Monday, October 26, 2009

HK Skit

Setting: In an apartment with 5 people

Gerald: oh my gosh, I’m so excited!!!
Angela: I know!! Do you think she’s going to love it?
Mike: are you kidding? Who doesn’t love surprise birthday parties??
Angela: holy crap you’re so right!
Burt: ok, so do we all know where we’re hiding? i find that good planning and organization can go a long ways in making a totally kicking party. You see, there are some surprises you want to avoid even if you are at a ‘surprise’ birthday party.
*rest of group says ‘mmmm’ and nods in agreement*
Gerald: I’ll get behind here!
Sasha: a few of us can fit behind the couch.
*everyone gets organized*
Angela: oooh, I can’t wait ‘til she gets here!
Mike: *has revelation* Ummmm, guys…..
Group: what?
Mike: you’re not going to believe this, but we totally almost forgot to hang up the banner!
Sasha: classic goof-ball move on our part, guys!
Burt: and here I thought I’d thought of everything! Well guys, that just goes to show you; there’s no such thing as over planning.
*rest of group says ‘mmmm’ and nods in agreement*
Angela: here give me a hand.
*angela and gerald unroll the banner which reads “Happy Birthday Helen Keller!!!”*
Burt: ok, now it’s perfect.
*noises from outside the door*
Gerald: everybody, quiet, I think she’s coming!
*people duck and Helen walks in*
Group: SURPRISE!!!!! …..
*Helen continues to fumble inside, paying no attention to the others*
*group suddenly realizes their mistake*
Mike: well, crap!
Sasha: so, what do we do?
Angela: I guess we could all touch her at the same time…
Gerald: no, that would be weird.
Burt: I can’t believe i didn’t foresee this.
Mike: does this kind of make us crappy friends? I mean, a surprise party just seems really insensitive.
Sasha: don’t be silly, we’re not crappy friends, it was just an honest mistake. Like you know how you’re really allergic to shellfish and you have to wear that necklace everywhere you go?
*mike holds up necklace*
Sasha: well, you know how two summers ago I was having that dinner party and I wanted to make everybody that surprise dish and I didn’t want to tell everybody what was in it?
*group nods*
Sasha: well, you were like ‘does this have shellfish in it? I need to know.’ Well, it did, but I forgot you were allergic and I just thought you were being nosey so i told you that you didn’t need to worry about it. Well, to make a long story short, you had like three helpings; then your windpipe started to close; then we had to take you to the hospital, and you went into a coma, and when you woke up you had to relearn how to speak and walk and stuff, etc., etc. but my point is, just cause I made that one little mistake doesn’t mean I’m a crappy friend.
Mike: uhhhhh… *obviously not sure about that statement*
*Helen is still stumbling around the room. She walks toward something on the other side of the room and the group has to dodge her to keep from being noticed*
Gerald: well, we’re not doing any good here.
Angela: I can call my mom and have her cook dinner for us.
Mike: it’s not going to have shellfish in it, is it?
Angela: oh, quit being so nosey!
*group joins in by showing there disappointment in mike with phrases like, ‘yeah, really!’ and, ‘where do you get off?!’*
*this continues as group exits*

1 comment: